Menu

Panko Crusted Pork Chops

Panko Crusted Pork Chops



A meal that I will always remember growing up was fried pork chops.  It was certainly a staple in our house.  We probably had them once a week.  They were one of my fathers favorite proteins.  Though we don't eat fried pork chops every week with my family, we still enjoy them from time-to-time.   

This version is a wee bit different than my Mom's method.  I use a combination of panko and plain bread crumbs for breading.  I like panko for the lightness, crumb, and look (it gets nice and crispy and golden) when fried or baked.  I dip the pork chops in a egg wash, then to the bread crumb/panko dish.  Press firmly down to ensure a great coating.  Do the same on both sides.  

I shallow fried these in a 12" Lodge Cast iron skillet (link below to purchase one). Just make sure the bottom is covered in oil. Get the oil to temp (350° ish) and place the chops in the pan for about 2-3 mins a side.  

After a good golden outside on both sides, place the chops on a wire rack (on top of a sheet pan), and place in  a pre-heated oven to really get nice and crispy, until desired internal temperature (I like 150° for fried pork chops).  

Really good and really simple dish.  


Video of the breading technique is below: 





Ingredients: 

4-5 bone in pork chops

Egg Wash
2 large eggs
2-3 tablespoons milk 
salt and pepper

Breading
1 cup panko
1 cup plain bread crumbs
salt and pepper

Canola or vegetable oil for frying


Lodge Cast Iron Pan: http://amzn.to/2sVodu6

1 comment:

Recent Post

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *