Menu

Carne Asada and Taco Shells



Simple dish that can be made with store bought taco shells or make your own, like I did.  The shell recipe is my wife's, from her mother.  These things are freaking awesome.  I can eat a ton of them!

Carne Asada was made from a top sirloin, cut in small pieces, and seasoned as per below.

Ingredients: 

Carne Asada marinade pre-season
1 - Top sirloin steak
1-2 teaspoons salt
1-2 teaspoons pepper
1-2 teaspoons ground coriander
1-2 teaspoons cumin
1-2 teaspoons fajita seasoning (I used THIS)
Juice of one lime or in my case, a sprinkle of red wine vinegar (I forgot limes)

Shells
2 Eggs
1 Cup milk
2/3 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons yellow cornmeal
3/4 cup corn starch
2 Tablespoon melted butter

Steps for shells:

1 - Beat eggs and salt together
2 - Add cornmeal and mix well
3 - In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and milk together until smooth
4 - Add cornstarch mixture to eggs and cornmeal mixture.
5 - Melt butter in a separate dish.
6 - Pour melted butter in mixture, stir well.
7 - Make your desired size of shells.  See video of how I do mine.


1/2 yellow onion for the cook


See video below for cooking how to on the 36" Blackstone griddle.




Interested in your own Blackstone, click my exclusive link below to get your own!

https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/36-outdoor-griddle-4-burner/aff/tarheelmatt/





No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *